IndyFringe – Summer Event Management Internship
Our Mission: IndyFringe advances the performing arts by creating a multitude of opportunities for artists, audiences, and our community to thrive. Our signature project, the IndyFringe Theatre Festival will occur August 18 - Sep 4, 2022. The festival is a three-week-long event that hosts nearly 70 companies in six different venues. In addition, IndyFringe operates programming at our multi-venue IndyFringe Theatre on Mass Ave and Fringe on Wheels mobile venue.
IndyFringe is a small organization that depends on its interns for event management and marketing support in preparation for the IndyFringe Festival. The Summer Event Management Intern will take an active and hands-on role with a focus on Marketing & Operations.
Duties will be assigned based on the interns experience and professional development goals but may include:
Marketing: assist in creating promotions for the Festival and special events - including press releases, ads, email blasts, print collateral, social media posts and engagement - among other admin-related tasks.
Operations: recruit and train volunteers, assist with Box office / front of house duties, inventory management, research, office administration, data entry, and customer service.
Preferred Candidate Skills & Experience:
- Available for occasional performances/events on evenings and weekends.
- Prior experience in marketing / communications and design/photo editing a plus.
- Strong writing and proof-reading skills.
- Quick learner and able to wear multiple hats.
- Passion for the arts and community involvement.
- Willingness to work with people of all walks of life including volunteers, artists, and community leaders.
- May be asked to perform some manual labor duties (hanging signs, banners, moving production equipment, etc).
- Committed to working in an inclusive and welcoming environment.
Timeframe / Compensation:
June - August, 2022 - ideal candidate available through Sept 4.
Paid position, $15/hr, up to 20 hours per week.
If you would like to apply for this internship, please submit a cover letter and
resume to firstname.lastname@example.org