You Belong at IndyFringe!
Discover the joy, the magic, and the drama of the IndyFringe Theatre Festival in Indianapolis.
This annual celebration of the performing arts transforms the Massachusetts Avenue Cultural Arts District for three weeks during the Summer and features genre-defying performances of every kind. From dance to cabaret, children’s theatre to stand-up comedy, whether you’re an established creator with a new story to tell or just beginning your artistic adventure, there is a place for YOU at IndyFringe.
- December 5 (12:00PM EST) – Applications open
- February 12 (11:59PM EST) – Applications close
- February 15 – Lottery recorded
- February 24 – Lottery results shared & 1st round offers sent.
- March 24 – Artist payment & signed offer deadline for 1st round offers.
- April 1 – Waitlist offers sent (if spots are still available)
- April 21 – All remaining waitlist artist payments and signed offers due
- May 1 – Production marketing form, technical request form, and housing request form due
- June 1 – Festival DRAFT schedule shared with producing companies for proofreading. (Schedule is not finalized. Not Public. DO NOT SHARE.)
- June 15 – FINAL IndyFringe Schedule Announced
- July 1 – Tickets on sale
- August 16 – Festival Kick-Off Party/Preview Night (recommended for all out of town artists)
- August 17 – September 3: The Festival!
Are You Ready to Apply?
Read through the Application Guide then use this checklist to determine if you are ready to submit!
- I have read through “The Selection Process”
- I have determined whether my project qualifies for the Amplified Voices Lottery
- I have read the application agreement
- I am aware of IndyFringe’s current COVID-19 policy
- My proposed project is between 45 and 60 minutes in length
- My proposed project has a working title
- I have read through “The Production Guide”
- I have a solid understanding of the technical requirements for my project
- I am aware of any schedule limitations that affect my availability during the festival
- I have paid the $25 application fee